What is Paramedical Course?
The Paramedic course involves emergency medical services required in the pre-hospital environment, and a person who works in this area is known as a paramedic. Top paramedical courses can be pursued after class 12th or after graduation. They can be a degree, diploma, or certificate courses.
The major areas in paramedical sciences are spinal injury management, obstetrics, management of burns, and evaluation of the general accident. Some of the popular paramedical courses are listed along with the details of each.
Types of Paramedical Courses
Paramedical courses are of three main types:
- Degree Paramedical Courses – The duration of degree paramedical courses varies between 1.5 years to 4 years.
- Diploma Paramedical Courses – The duration of diploma paramedical courses varies between 1 year to 2 years.
- Certificate Paramedical Courses – The duration of certificate paramedical courses varies between 1 year to 2 years.
Eligibility for Paramedical Courses after 12th
Students who are interested to pursue their careers in the Paramedical sector must meet the required eligibility criteria. Listed below are the eligibility criteria for paramedical courses after class 12th:
For Undergraduate and Diploma courses in the Paramedical sector:
- You must have passed 12th from science stream with biology from any recognized board with at least 50% marks.
- For the diploma courses, there is no minimum percentage as every college has its different criteria about the percentage
- Some colleges even accept admission on behalf of the percentage obtained in board exams
- Most colleges either conduct their own entrance exams or offer admission as per the marks scored in national or state-level entrance exams.
Paramedical Courses: Highlights
Paramedics are medical professionals who are trained in such a way that they can diagnose diseases in the human body, do medical checkups, and many other therapies. The tabulation below is the course details for the paramedical programs.
|Course Stream||Paramedical Courses|
|Popular Courses||Certificate: Topics ranging from Dialysis Technician, MRI Technician to Nursing Care, ECG Assistant, etc.Diploma: Child Health, Medical Laboratory Technology, Clinical Research, Auxiliary Nursing, Optometry, etc.UG: BSc Nursing, Bachelor of Optometry (B Optometry), BSc Cardiac Technology, BPMT, etc.PG: MSc Nursing, Master of Optometry, MSc Paediatric Nursing, MSc Obstetrics & Gynecology Nursing, etc.Doctorate: PhD Nursing and MPhil in Nursing|
|Duration||Certificate: 6 months to 1 yearDiploma: 1-3 yearsUG: 2-4 yearsPG: 2 yearsDoctorate: 2-3 years|
|Eligibility||Certificate: Pass in Class 10 or 10+2 in Science stream with Biology from a recognized boardDiploma: Pass in Class 10+2 in Science stream with Biology from a recognized boardUG: Pass in Class 10+2 in Science stream with Biology from a recognized boardPG: Graduation from a recognized university with Paramedical CoursesDoctorate: Pass in PG program with Paramedical Courses|
|Average Course Fees||Certificate: INR 4,000-20,000Diploma: INR 6,000-1,00,000UG: INR 50,000-2,00,000PG: INR 10,000-2,00,000Doctorate: INR 10,000-1,00,000|
|Types of Online Courses||Alison (Both Free and Paid Courses)|
|Average Salary||INR 1-7 lakh as per the job role|
|Top Job Prospects||Physiotherapist, Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Audiologist & Speech Therapist, Radiographers, Rehabilitation Assistant, Medical Laboratory Technologists, Dialysis Technician, Healthcare Assistant, etc.|
Paramedical Certificate Courses