About Doctorate of Medicine [MD]:
- MD full form, Doctor of Medicine is a higher postgraduate medicine course dealing with advanced study in Medicine.
- The course is based on gaining an in-depth knowledge of one’s chosen field of specialization.
- The MD course duration in India is 3 years of study, including the successful completion of an exam that covers both theoretical and practical elements.
- The curriculum is divided into 6 academic terms. M.D. course is more practical oriented and research-based as compared to M.B.B.S.
- This MD syllabus course studies the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of certain diseases. The students who are studying this course develop an in-depth knowledge of the field of Medical Science.
- Medical Council of India is the authority which approves and recognizes various Institutes to provide Doctor of Medicine Degree Course.
- MD courses after MBBS is popular amongst the medical graduates, primarily because of the high salary package of job opportunities after completion. There is a large scope for MD in the research field as well.
- Since the course involves a deeper study of relevant subjects, one needs to be prepared for a mind-boggling study.
- Some of the colleges that offer MD are:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune.
- Christian Medical College (CMC), etc stand among the top MD colleges in India.
MD Course Details
|Full Form||Doctorate of Medicine|
|Duration||Course Duration of Doctorate of Medicine [MD] is 3 Years.|
|Age||No age limit|
|Subjects Required||Subjects corresponding to post-graduate.|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 42,000 – 12.3 L per annum|
|Similar Options of Study||Master of Surgery [MS]|